Thursday, September 3, 2009

Call for Change

I walked into the first class in the morning on the first day of class, and my professors told me that she was looking for another job, because this one would not pay!

I walked into my second class on the first day of class, and my professor told me that professors are living under the poverty line for the East Bay!

She told me that professors were leaving.
And those that were staying were staying because they loved what they were teaching.

I attend the number one public university in the world, and am ASHAMED that my professors are being forced to leave! The University we have is world renowned and instead of having faculty rush to join our community, they are running away.

Along with them our education, our enthusiasm for change, our love for knowledge, and our hope that we can CHANGE the world one person at a time.

We are being drained from our most valuable resources.

I'm writing to urge you to begin re-investing in California's public higher education system...

Join the Cause: http://www.ucforcalifornia.org/cal/home/

No comments:

Post a Comment