Monday, September 14, 2009

I watch the moon unravel
weaving slivers of itself in waves.
Tossing beaded threads of light,
watching waves scamper and chase, curl and twirl in play

And when the beads scatter,
on the sandy shore
a mirror reflection of the night time sky they form
Tickling the shore to giggles
as the sand lifts up and glitters
And the Pacific already looks up and
eagerly awaits another.

All night, I watch the night play its silent games
Mesmerized by the moons blushing cheeks and the Pacific's soft flowing hair
their laughter like hums and lullabies rings.

Until, from behind the sun slowly chugs
thumps over my back
clamps its locks in the tossing waves
with every minute anchors and tightens its chains
quelling the growing beauty and color of the game.

All dawn it screams in envy
with displays of color and light
but I keep my back turned
saying my goodbyes to the playful, humble night.

No comments:

Post a Comment