Tuesday, February 5, 2013




Out in the garden where we planted the seeds
There is a tree as old as me
Branches were sewn by the color of green
Ground had arose and passed it's knees

By the cracks of the skin I climbed to the top
I climbed the tree to see the world
When the gusts came around to blow me down
I held on as tightly as you held onto me
I held on as tightly as you held onto me

Cause, I built a home
For you
For me

Until it disappeared
From me
From you

And now, it's time to leave and turn to dust

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Shokoofeh,

    Salam.

    A quick message to say hi, and wish you and Mehdi a very happy Nowruz. I hope the year ahead heralds much joy, happiness and health for both of you, and also prosperity in your academic and personal lives.

    It's been a while since you've updated the blog. I know these might be busy times for you, but I think you owe it to the 7 adoring followers of your page to enlighten them. You write well, and it'd be great to read up on your musings on life and all that it has to offer, every so often :)

    I saying that, I think going by the archive, we do have to be patient... :)

    As an aside, I was wondering if there are any academic papers or other professional works from yourself which you could share with me. I’d love to read them sometime.

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A quick check of the followers list shows that along with four others, you owe it both to yourself, and Mehdi (twice) as well... ;)

    ReplyDelete