Thursday, May 31, 2012

Yesterday, I saw my best friend sitting next to the love of her life. I've heard of their relationship in one form or another for nearly ten years, and yet have never seen them together. Unfortunately, it wasn't in person, but electronically through Skype. But even then, I felt this calmness, this content for several hours after hanging up. It felt so right, to see her smiling at his side, playing with her hair in the middle of a conversation at his side, looking over at him. She's a confident woman. At times, annoyingly confident. It almost feels like I've known her all this time, but have only just seen her, in all her vulnerability, overcome by love. I wonder if she realizes how much more this suits her. I never imagined that I wouldn't be able to be a part of her wedding. I feel like I've written this line a hundred times, because I've thought it over so many times. There are a handful of people who you always imagine seeing on their wedding day. She's one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment