Wednesday, March 11, 2009

X-Ray


I saw bare bones,
naked
no flesh, no thick red meat to protect them
no skin masquerading their appearance.

I saw bare bones,
and they were painted with tiny, vibrant wild flowers,
stems weaving through colors,
and binding around the whiteness
"For every time she felt love and was loved," He said.

And as I stared in awe I came across a deep, dark crevice
"Scars of when her heart broke," He said.

The darkness, filled with desire, to wrench colors from the flowers
A vacuum to unwind stems and suck them down.

Just as I was drowned in the power of a broken hear to agonize existing beauty,
A young, green stem appeared struggled in the depth of the crevice.

It pushed through the bends and dents,
blind in the darkness,
Its head peeped out,
It gained speed and began to thicken.

Color appeared,
blooming into the largest, most vibrant flower,
standing out among the rest.

I turned to Him in awe, suspicion.
He gave a smile.
And I understood.

Better than the thickest flesh,
and the strongest skin--
A flower that can fight through the crevice,
resist the hallow,
and blindly find its way,
will hold her bones together.

No comments:

Post a Comment