Saturday, February 21, 2009

"The Secret"

They say that the "secret" to life is the law of attraction. It's to understand that every thought you have has a frequency; positive thoughts translate to larger frequencies, and negative thoughts to smaller frequencies. And every "thought" attracts the "thing" it is made of. Ultimately, your life's thoughts are manifested in the world around you.

Today, I started thinking about this phenomenon again. It crosses my mind every few days. It's hard for me to accept it. Not because I don't believe in the energy of thoughts, but because to accept it would be to accept that every inward pain I've ever felt, I've brought upon myself. Friendships that have crippled my soul and left me to dust, moments of weakness that have made me ashamed, tears I've brought to the eyes of those I love- to accept "the secret" would mean to accept that these have all been my doing. And usually, thinking about this part of the "secret" results in me setting it aside for a different day.

Today was different.

Today I thought that to accept the fact that my thoughts have attracted my realities would mean that making my mother smile on her birthday, feeling love, being talented, seeing the peace of the world more than the pain-- these would be all my doing. That my heart had brought the people who I love into my life.

I finally came to a conclusion about "the secret," and can cross it off my list.
Even though there's no way to prove its truth, no way to carve out numbers or facts or statistics or reactions...it can train my mind and heart to think of love over pain and talent over failure. I don't think that will be all too bad.

And since I've accepted it, I try it on pretty much everything- including scenic routes in movies, and pictures of houses with wooden floors and bay windows that let in a lot of light.

I'll let you know if they come my way ;)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b1GKGWJbE8

1 comment:

  1. I like this one: "That my heart had brought the people who I love into my life." :)

    ReplyDelete